Properties and indications
Antistax, is a natural product, which contains as its active ingredient, an extract of red vine leaves. The active substances contained in the extract prevent the blood circulation insufficiency in the limbs.
Together with the treatment with Antistax, you should take adequate physical activity. Moreover, you should also avoid standing for long periods. During the night you should keep your legs in a slightly raised position and possibly bandaged.
Antistax, should not be used in patients known to be hypersensitive to any of the components of the product.
Inform your physician, pharmacist or druggist if you:
- suffer from other diseases.
- have any allergies.
- take other (also self-medicated) drugs, in particular if you are treating the same symptoms with other drugs.
Pregnancy and lactation
Based on the experiences recorded up to now, no risks to the child are known. Nevertheless, no clinical studies have been carried out in pregnant women and nursing mothers. As a precaution you should refrain from taking Antistax, during pregnancy and lactation unless your physician recommends it.
Dosage and administration
Adults: If not differently prescribed, before breakfast take two capsules, with a little liquid, without chewing.
Observe the dosage indicated on the leaflet or prescribed by your physician, If you think the effect of the drug is too weak or too strong, consult your physician, pharmacist or druggist.
Up until now no side effects related to Antistax, have been reported if taken as prescribed.
- Antistax, capsules is suitable also for diabetics (the capsules contain glucose, 190 mg of carbohydrates per capsule, which correspond to 0.016 carbohydrate units).
- Keep Antistax, in a dry place, at a temperature below 30 degrees, out of the reach of children.
- The drug should only be used to the expiry date indicated on the container by «EXP».
- Further information is available from your physician,pharmacist or druggist.
One capsule contains: Dry extract of red vine leaf (Extr. aquosum Vitis vinifera folii sicc.) 180 mg, Excip- pro caps.
Patient Information Leaflet
- Antistax, is available in pharmacies and drugstores with medical prescription.
- There are packages of 50 and 100 capsules.
- Manufactured by Ginsana SA Bioggio-Switzerland on behalf of Boehringer Ingelheim
- International GmbH Germany.